Bilingual Weekly Newspaper
Lodi, CA– Several local women’s organizations are working together to host the2nd Annual STOP Human Trafficking Workshop a free, public event. STOP will take place on Saturday, March 5 from 9:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and will be held at temple Baptist Church in Lodi.
Speaker Kay Buck, Executive Director of the Coalition to Abolish Slavery and Trafficking (CAST) in Los Angeles. CAST is mission driven to help persons who trafficked and forced into labor, slavery-like practices and to work toward ending all instances of such human rights violations. The workshop intention is to educate the public, promote advocacy for victim’s rights, and draw the community to action.
Event vendors will sell items handcrafted by women escaping the life of sex trafficking and door prizes. All proceeds will directly benefit organizations that work to stop human trafficking.
For free tickets to the event please contact Co-President of Soroptimist International, Bev Lacy at 209-334-5389 or e-mail her at email@example.com. Free tickets will also be available at the door.
If you found this story because you are in need of assistance in regards to violence, or sexual assult call police by dialing 911 or find assistance for housing, protection , education and much more from the Women’s Center: www.womenscentersjc.org
- Human-trafficking law improvements in works (theolympian.com)
- US Included On Human-Trafficking Report For First Time Ever [Stop Trafficking] (jezebel.com)
- Feds: Atlanta emerging as a human trafficking hub (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Documentary sheds light on human trafficking (charlotte.news14.com)
- More Chinese women trafficked for prostitution (sfgate.com)
- Number of Trafficked Chinese Women Rising (time.com)
- Will Massachusetts Finally Make Human Trafficking a Crime? (humantrafficking.change.org)
The Mission of Bilingual Weekly (bw) is to improve the Central Valley’s quality of life through communication, cultural unity and business promotion.
Bilingual Weekly (bw) is a Latino Newspaper covering Stockton News and surrounding San Joaquin County cities (and Stanislaus County) such as Lodi, Manteca, Tracy, Modesto, French Camp, Linden, and Stockton offering English and Spanish news coverage